Sky and Telescope's Hot Astronomy Product for 2008!
The Baader Planetarium Hyperion 68° Modular Eyepieces offer world-class performance and unique photo-visual features, at an unheard of price. No longer do amateurs need to spend more on their eyepieces than their primary instrument, in order to get true high-end performance in a wide-field eyepiece. Not just a different branded version of their highly regarded cousins, the Hyperions have been totally redesigned to deliver better transmission and contrast.
- Eye relief: 20mm
- High grade water-white glasses are used throughout, to deliver a crystal clear view with low scatter and excellent color fidelity
- Advanced Hyperion Phantom Group™ multi-coatings and coating equipment are proprietary to Baader and have been designed by German coating engineers specifically for the Baader Hyperions, and optimized for each of the glasses used.
- The proprietary Hyperion housings have been engineered with execution of internal baffling to eliminate stray light and ghost reflections.
- Works in both 1.25" and 2" focusers. The 1.25" barrel is threaded for filters
The Sky-Watcher Eyepiece and Filter Kit
is a budget alternative for those keen on detailed planetary viewing. The kit contains a Kellner eyepiece and a Plossl eyepiece for a wider field of view. The 2 colour filters and moon filter included are also essential for planetary viewing as they help to emphasise the contrast and brightness of planetary surfaces. These features enable users to view planets in detail and resolve delicate features otherwise lost in the brightness. Also included with this kit is a fully multi-coated Barlow lens to double the magnification of all eyepieces.
- 6 mm 1.25? Plossl Eyepiece
- 15mm 1.25? Kellner Eyepiece
- Moon filter
- Colour Filter #80A Blue
- Colour Filter #25 Red
- T-Barlow Lens with M42 Thread
- Carrying Case Included