The Sky-Watcher GT Series AZ-EQ5 Go-To Mount combines the advantages of the equatorial mount with the simplicity of the alt-azimuth system. In fact, the AZ-EQ5 is a hybrid mount usable in both these configurations. The equatorial mode is ideal for astrophotography while the alt-azimuth configuration is more practical for observation as polar alignment is not required. Moreover, two telescopes can be simultaneously mounted in alt-azimuth configuration.
The exceptional SynScan Go-To system allows full control of both R.A. and Dec. axes with 9 slew speeds and 5 arcminute pointing precision, allowing you to quickly and accurately locate objects across the night sky. The Go-To system can automatically slew the telescope on command toward planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, clusters and much more. The SynScan has 42,900 memorised celestial objects for an amazing journey in the night sky. The Deep Sky Tour function suggests a list of the most interesting deep sky objects currently visible, so even the novice astronomer can easily observe faint objects at the touch of a button. Once achieving alignment, the patented Freedom Find™ dual encoders will then keep track of your position to within 4.2 arcminutes. The mount will retain alignment even after releasing the clutches and manually pointing the scope to a new part of the sky.
The AZ-EQ5 is equipped with two SNAP ports for dual control of camera shutter release. Working with the SynScan hand control’s “Camera Control” function, a user can take batch exposures in up to 8 groups of “Exposure-time & Frames”. An indexer on the R.A. worm gear keeps track of its current position, so that the Periodic Error inherent to all worm gear driven mounts can be learned and permanently corrected for. These features make the Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 a fantastic partner to high focal length telescopes and astrophotographers alike.
- Mount Type: EQ/Alt-AZ Dual Mode Go-To
- Payload 15kg (for Astrophotography)
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Motor Drive: Built-in 1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motor
- Hand Control: Version 4 Go-to SynScan
- Tripod Height: 185-121cm
- Tripod Weight: 6.1 kg, 2-inch steel tripod
- Mount Head Weight: 7.7kg
- Counterweights: 3.5kg x 2
- Counterweight Bar Diam: 18mm
- Counterweight Bar Length: 162mm + 120mm (extension)
- Latitude Range: 28° – 90°
- Azimuth Range: +/- 15°
- Power Requirement: DC 12~16V – 3A
- Pointing Accuracy: up to 5 arc. min.
- Slewing Speed: up to 3.4°/sec (800X)
- Guiding Speed: 0.125X, 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X
- Motors Resolution: approx. 0.25 arc-second (5184000 Counts/Rev.)
- Encoders Resolution: approx. 4.2 arc-minutes (5144 Counts/Rev.)