This is the package I recommend for the person who wants to do both visual observing and astro photography. The 8" diameter Newtonian reflector gathers enough light for viewing bright objects such as planets, bright star cluster and the Moon in great detail...as well as viewing fainter objects like nebulas, galaxies and globular clusters.
Attach your SLR camera to the HEQ5 computerised tracking mount and achieve impressive photos even with a short 30 second exposure…or attain even more stunning photos with a longer exposure.
8" Astrophotography Newtonian
The Sky-Watcher Black Diamond 200/1000 Photo Reflector OTA is a 200mm aperture Newtonian reflector with diffraction limited optics, all the light gathering power you need for visual use or astrophotography! Newtonian reflector telescopes are among the most cost effective design on the market, reaching much larger apertures than an equivalently priced refractor. The large aperture will help resolve faint, extended objects like nebulae and galaxies, whilst the 1000mm focal length focal length will reveal fine details of lunar craters.
The 200/1000 Photo Reflector is equipped with an excellent Crayford dual speed focuser allowing fast, coarse regulation followed by a precise 10:1 reduction adjustment knob to reach the optimal focus. A 3 element 28mm LET eyepiece is provided, allowing 35x magnification and a 56° apparent field of view with 20mm of eye relief. The aluminised primary mirror is aspheric (parabolic profile) offering an optical system free from spherical aberration. The secondary mirror is thin to allow fast cooling and it is held by extra thin spider supports for minimal diffraction spike effects on bright stars and increased contrast.
Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
- Aperture - 200 mm
- Focal length - 1000 mm
- F ratio - F5 mm
- Eyepieces - 2" LET 28mm
- Highest Practical Power - 400x
- Faintest Faintest Stellar Magnitude - 14.2
- Focuser - 2" Dual Speed 10:1 focuser
- Finderscope - 9 x 50
- Optical tube weight - 8.75kg
HEQ5 Pro mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. This heavy-duty HEQ5 Pro mount is a smaller version of the sturdy EQ6 Pro mount. It is specially designed for observers who need the steadiness of the EQ6 Pro mount, but find the EQ6 Pro mount too physically demanding.
- Telescope Mounting Method: Tube Rings
- Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
- Tripod Height 97-121cm
- Tripod Weight 5.6kgs
- Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
- Counterweight Shaft Length: 21.5cm
- Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Mount Weight (without counterweight): 10Kgs
- Mount Height: 35cm
- Counterweights 2 x 5.1Kgs
- Total weight: 15kgs (without counterweights)
- Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
- Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
- Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
- Gear Ratio: 705
- 8" Dovetail Bar
- SynScan Hand Control
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.