Meade LS 8" ACF LightSwitch telescope. This award-winning 8" f/10 (2000mm focal length) powerhouse telescope is feature packed. Meade's patented automatic self alignment system aligns with just one touch of the power switch. Just flip the switch and walk away. It aligns itself. It’s that simple.
Meade's best Advanced-Coma Free optics deliver performance only seen previously in systems costing thousands of dollars more. With its standard Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) the LS gives you the sharpest, brightest optical system for its size available at any price.
The included AutoStar III GOTO keypad computer has an over 100,000 object library and guided tour functions. Includes Meade ECLIPS color CCD camera (640x480 resolution) which lets you capture images of your favorite celestial wonders and display them in real time on an external (user supplied) monitor or store them on a (user supplied) SD card so you can do CCD imaging your very first night out.
The included “Astronomer Inside” feature delivers over four hours of fun and informational audio presentations which can be heard over the built in speaker, and 30 minutes of video presentations and animations plus hundreds of still images which can be watched over an external (user supplied) TV or monitor. Imagine being given a brief and entertaining video presentation on Saturn while viewing that planet and its fabulous rings for the very first time. This telescope truly does it all.
Eight (user supplied) C cell batteries will run the telescope for 3-5 hours, with a Meade Universal A/C power supply available separately for longer observing sessions. Includes a highly rigid single fork mount featuring aluminum construction with massive 4.875" precision worm-gears. Standard equipment also includes a sturdy, adjustable height tripod with steel legs for great stability and vibration damping and a Series 4000 Meade 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece (77X magnification). Additional eyepieces available separately, compatible with all Meade and other brand 1.25” barrel size eyepieces.
- Clear Aperture: 8"
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC™
- Focal Length: 2,000mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Resolving Power (Dawes' Limit): 0.570 arc-seconds
- Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
- Eyepiece: 26mm Series 4000™ Super Plössl
- Focuser Mechanism: Single Speed Focuser
- Diagonal: 1.25" diagonal prism
- Mount Type: Rigid Cast-Aluminum Single-Arm
- Hand Controller: AutoStar® III
- Object Database: 100,000 objects
- Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 1.5 arc-minute (+/-)
- Slew Speeds: RA and Dec:1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal and 1.5°/sec., 3°/sec., 6.5°/sec.
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
- Control Panel: 12v Power port, USB-A port, USB-B port, Video out, Audio out, Focuser port, Handbox port
- Tripod: LS Tripod
- Power: (Optional) 12v DC, 5 amp power supply
- Batteries (User-Supplied): 8 x C cells
- GPS Receiver: Yes
- True Level & North Sensors (LNT): Yes
- Time Chip: Yes
- Astronomer Inside™: Yes