The Meade LX70 6” Mak features an advanced Maksutov-Cassegrain design for pinpoint star images and extraordinary contrast, making it a great deep sky performer and ideal for detailed lunar and planetary observation as it easily soars to high magnifications. .
Its 6” aperture allows it to resolve details down to 0.76 arc-seconds across and can be viewed using the two included 1.25” Plossl eyepieces (9mm & 26mm). With its 2” 90° degree diagonal it is equipped to handle wide-field 2” eyepieces out of the box. The 8x50 optical viewfinder with cross-hair reticle makes locating faint object quickly and easily.
- Aperture: 6" (150mm)
- Optical Design: Maksutov Cassegrain
- Focal Length: 1500mm
- Focal Ratio: f/12
- Resolving Power: (Dawes' Limit) 0.760 arc-seconds
- Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
- Eyepiece: 9mm and 26mm Plössl
- Focuser Mechanism: Single Speed Focuser
- TMount: LX70 with Stainless Steel Legs (EQ5)