The Meade LX70 6” Newtonian Reflector is equipped with a high-quality f/5 parabolic primary mirror. This fast f/5 optical system provides spectacular wide-field images for the discriminating deep-sky observer and astro-photographer.
Its 6” aperture allows it to resolve details down to 0.76 arc-seconds across and can be viewed using the two included 1.25” Plossl eyepieces (9mm & 26mm). The 6x30 optical viewfinder with cross-hair reticle makes locating faint object quickly and easily. The 2" Crayford-style focuser ensures smooth motion when Sfocusing.
- Aperture: 6" (150mm)
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Focal Length: 750mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Resolving Power: (Dawes' Limit) 0.760 arc-seconds
- Viewfinder: 6x30mm with cross-hair reticle
- Eyepiece: 9mm and 26mm Plössl
- Focuser Mechanism: Single Speed Focuser
- TMount: LX70 with Stainless Steel Legs (EQ5)