ED120 Refractor Kit
The larger aperture of the Sky-Watcher 120/900 Black Diamond ED Doublet OTA provides you a dramatic increase in resolution and observe the lunar and planetary surface phenomenon in 3D-alike high-definition. The tight globular star clusters like M13 in Constellation Hercules appear like a beehive of crisp stellar pin points, star upon thousands of stars deep into the objects core.
For Deep-sky observation, rich aggregates of stars within Galaxies, Nebulas, and open clusters appear brilliant contrasted against a very dark velvet black background. The wispy, delicate, feather-like structure of dust lanes and extension of glowing gasses can be seen reaching out far beyond the object’s core.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings (MHC)
Each air-to-glass lens surface has been coated by Sky-Watcher’s proprietary MHC. An anti-reflection metallic coatings which ensure optimum light-transmission approaching 99.5%.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems
The objective lens cell of this Sky-Watcher 120/900 Black Diamond ED Doublet OTA is light-baffled to reduce stray and unfocused light to insure optimum contrast. The interior of the tube is flat blackened to prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2” Crayford Focuser
This precision 2? Crayford Focuser is mechanically ultra-smooth and backlash-free, offers you a fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white and black.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware
The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any Sky-Watcher Mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond ED80 are cast-aluminum, painted white.
Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
- Diameter - 120mm
- Focal length - 900 mm
- Eyepiece - 2 inch 28mm
- Highest Practical Power - 240x
- Faintest Steller Magnitude - 13.1
- Finderscope - 8X50 Right Angle
- Tube weight - 5.13kg
- Diagonal - 2 inch 90º Dieletric Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
- 120mm x 920mm
HEQ5 Pro mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. This heavy-duty HEQ5 Pro mount is a smaller version of the sturdy EQ6 Pro mount. It is specially designed for observers who need the steadiness of the EQ6 Pro mount, but find the EQ6 Pro mount too physically demanding.
- Telescope Mounting Method: Tube Rings
- Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
- Tripod Height 97-121cm
- Tripod Weight 5.6kgs
- Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
- Counterweight Shaft Length: 21.5cm
- Counterweight Shaft Material: Stainless Steel
- Mount Weight (without counterweight): 10Kgs
- Mount Height: 35cm
- Counterweights 2 x 5.1Kgs
- Total weight: 15kgs (without counterweights)
- Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
- Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
- Power Supply: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
- Gear Ratio: 705
- 8" Dovetail Bar
- SynScan Hand Control
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.