ED80 Refractor Kit
The Sky-Watcher 80/600 Black Diamond ED Doublet Refractor OTA is a refractor telescope that well designed for wide-field astronomical observation of prominent nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies from a dark-sky location. Come with focal ratio f/7.5, it can be used as an astrograph for sky photography or telephoto lens. The Ultra high contrast of this Sky-Watcher ED Refractor allows the subtlest of details to be easily scrutinized under conditions of good seeing.
Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings (MHC)
Each air-to-glass lens surface has been coated by Sky-Watcher’s proprietary MHC. An anti-reflection metallic coatings which ensure optimum light-transmission approaching 99.5%.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems
The objective lens cell of this 80/600 Black Diamond ED Doublet OTA is light-baffled to reduce stray and unfocused light to insure optimum contrast. The interior of the tube is flat blackened to prevent unfocused internal light reflections from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2” Crayford Focuser
This precision 2? Crayford Focuser is mechanically ultra-smooth and backlash-free, offers you a fine and ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
The optical tube material is rolled steel, powder-coated reflective gloss black with gold fleck accent. The front and back cells are cast-aluminum painted white and black.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware
The optical tube comes with attachment hardware that allows it to be securely fastened to any Sky-Watcher Mount. The quick-release tube rings provided with Black Diamond ED80 are cast-aluminum, painted white.
Sky-Watcher NEQ6 Pro Mount
- Diameter: 80mm
- Focal length: 600 mm
- Focuser: Dual Speed 10:1
- Eyepiece: 2 inch 28mm
- Highest Practical Power: 160x
- Faintest Steller Magnitude: 12.2
- Finderscope: 8X50
- Tube weight: 2.27kg
- Diagonal: 2 inch 90º Dieletric Diagonal with 1.25 inch adapter
- Tube Dimension: 100mm x 620mm
The NEQ6 Pro is designed for astrophotography featuring an auto-guide port and compatibility with computer control software. 20kg of payload capacity will keep longer scopes and astrophotography setups stable and your images steady.
The Sky-Watcher NEQ6 Pro is represents the ultimate evolution of the EQ6 mount. The integrated bubble level and the adjustable tripod legs make the levelling easy, the azimuth and altitude axis can be fine adjusted for a precise polar alignment. On top of that, the included polar scope included allows an extremely precise polar alignment that helps to drastically improve the quality of tracking, especially for astrophotography.It is capable of bearing heavy telescopes for both visual and photographic use and it is equipped with the SynScan that allows an accurate alignment. The auto-guide port allows precise tracking for high resolution astrophotography.
The exceptional SynScan Go-To system allows full control of both R.A. and Dec. axes with 9 slew speeds and 5 arcminute pointing precision, allowing you to quickly and accurately locate objects across the night sky. The Go-To system can automatically slew the telescope on command toward planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies, clusters and much more. The SynScan has 42,900 memorised celestial objects for an amazing journey in the night sky. The Deep Sky Tour function suggests a list of the most interesting deep sky objects currently visible, so even the novice astronomer can easily observe faint objects at the touch of a button.
- Payload 18.2Kg
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
- Tripod: Stainless Steel Legs
- Tripod Height 85-147cm
- Tripod Weight 7.5kgs
- Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 1.8cm
- Counterweight Shaft Length: 28.5cm
- Counterweights 2 x 5.1Kgs
- Mount Weight (without counterweight): 16Kgs
- Mount Height: 41cm
- Total weight: 23.5kgs (without counterweights)
- Motor Type: Microstep driven 1.8 degree stepper motors
- Motor Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9.024,000 steps/rev.)
- Power Requirement: 11 to 15 V DC 2Amp (Tip positive)
- Gear Ratio: 705
- 13" Dovetail Bar
- SynScan Hand Control