Combine top-of-the-line performance with unlimited versatility and you have the CPC Deluxe 800HD. From a casual night of backyard observing to serious astroimaging at a dark sky location, the CPC Deluxe HD is a customer favorite for any application. The CPC/CPC Deluxe family is also the telescope of choice for NASA (a CPC 925 is currently deployed aboard the International Space Station) and the late astrophysicist Stephen Hawking, who used his CPC Deluxe 1100HD at his home in Cambridge, UK.
Celestron’s Best Optics
What makes the view through a CPC Deluxe HD unforgettable? It all starts with our proprietary EdgeHD optical system. This unique design corrects for both coma and field curvature, providing aberration-free images and pinpoint stars across the largest imaging sensors and all the way to the edge of the widest eyepieces.
All EdgeHD systems include our StarBright XLT coatings on all optical surfaces for brighter images and increased light transmission. Plus, every EdgeHD optical tube is Fastar compatible. Simply remove the secondary mirror and attach a third party lens assembly and you’re ready to image the night sky at ultra-fast f/2.
Customers and reviewers have hailed the CPC Deluxe an all-around top performer, equally well suited to a star party or a university astronomy course. The beefy dual fork arm mount anchors the telescope for ultra-precise tracking, but weighs just 43 lbs and includes rugged carrying handles to make setup quick and easy.
As soon as you turn on your CPC Deluxe HD, you’ll be guided through our simple SkyAlign procedure. The telescope walks you through centering any three bright objects in the eyepiece. From there, it’s ready to locate and track more than 40,000 celestial objects.
To customize your experience under the stars, CPC Deluxe HD is compatible with all of Celestron’s latest accessories. Add StarSense AutoAlign and your CPC will align itself in under 3 minutes. Or add the SkyQ Link 2 WiFi Module and control your telescope using a smartphone or tablet.
With this much versatility, the CPC Deluxe HD is a telescope that will serve you well for years to come, no matter what you choose to do with the hobby—including astroimaging.
Built with Imaging in Mind
Most altazimuth telescopes are designed primarily for visual use, but not the CPC Deluxe HD. It offers all the same high-end features you’ll find on our German equatorial mounts. Out of the box, your CPC Deluxe can track accurately for up to 30 seconds without adding a wedge, thanks to a reengineered drive train with a 6-inch brass gear, stainless steel worm gear, and both steel and nylon ball bearings.
If you’ll be doing longer exposure astrophotography, adding the HD Pro Wedge turns this telescope into an astroimager’s dream setup. With a wedge, you can take advantage of the All Star Polar Alignment procedure, which has you polar aligned in just minutes. You can also train your mount to be even more accurate with Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction. Finally, your CPC tracks smoothly through the meridian without doing a meridian flip, enabling you to capture objects in the best part of the night sky.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design: EdgeHD
- Aperture: 203.2mm (8")
- Focal Length: 2032mm (80")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40mm (1.57")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 51x
- Finderscope: 50mm Finderscope with quick release bracket
- Star Diagonal: 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 843x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 64mm (2.5")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 31%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.77%
- Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 432mm (17")
- Optical Tube Diameter: 238mm (9.37")
- Optical Tube Weight: 42 lbs (19.1 kg) with mount
- Mount Type: Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Dual Fork Arm
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1295.4mm - 1422.4mm (51" - 66")
- Tripod leg diameter: 50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel
- Mount Head Weight: 42 lbs (19.1 kg) with optical tube
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 19 lbs (8.6 kg)
- Slew Speed 9 slew speeds - max speed 5°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South
- GPS: Internal 16 channel
- Dovetail Compatibility: none
- Number of Auxiliary ports: 2 Aux ports (Hand Control can use any of the Aux ports)
- Autoguide port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, on hand control
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC-1.5A (Tip positive)
- Motor Drive: DC servo motors
- Alignment Procedures: Sky Align, Auto Two-Star Align, Two-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North Align and EQ South Align
- Periodic Error Correction: Yes
- Computerized Hand Control: 2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection
- NexStar+ Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Software: Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 61 lbs (27.6 kg)
- Accessory Tray
- 40mm Eyepiece
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 50mm 9x50 Finderscope with Bracket
- Instruction Manual