2 Year Warranty
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
Contact us for ETA
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 279.4mm (11")
- Focal Length: 2800mm (110")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40mm (1.57")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 70x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Star Diagonal: 1.25" Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 660x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 40x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.42 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1593x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 95mm (3.75")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 12%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 610mm (24")
- Optical Tube Diameter: 312.42mm (12.4")
- Optical Tube Weight: 27.5 lbs (12.4 kg)
- Dovetail: CGE Dovetail Bar
The Celestron C11-A packs serious light gathering ability into a rugged aluminum optical tube. At only 24 inches long and weighing just 27.5 pounds, this telescope is still portable enough to be taken to dark skies and set up by a single person. It’s an ideal instrument for serious astrophotography.
The Celestron C11 provides excellent, high-contrast views and can perform at very high magnifications. It is equipped with Celestron’s patented StarBright® XLT optical coatings, which visibly increase contrast and light transmission for brighter deep space images and shorter exposure times. With StarBright XLT, you’ll be able to discern subtle details while viewing the Moon and planets as well as faint galaxies and nebulae.
The tube offers a focal ratio of f/10 with the added versatility of Fastar (see below). You can also pair it with the f/6.3 focal reducer for even more astroimaging options.
The Celestron C11-A can be mounted on a multitude of computerized telescope mounts thanks to its CGEM-style dovetail bar. This flagship optical tube is sure to take your visual observing or imaging to the next level.