2 Year Warranty
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 355.5mm (14")
- Focal Length: 3910mm (154")
- Focal Ratio: f/11
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40mm (1.57")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 98x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Star Diagonal: 2" with 1.25" adapter
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Fastar Compatible: Yes
- Highest Useful Magnification: 840x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 51x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 15.3
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.39 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.33 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 2581x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 114mm (4.5")
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 32%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 10%
- ptical Coatings StarBright: XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 787mm (31")
- Optical Tube Diameter: 400.5mm (15.77")
- Optical Tube Weight: 46 lbs (21 kg)
- Dovetail: CGE Dovetail Bar
The Celestron C14-AF XLT optical tube is a world-class instrument that delivers a level of detail to all your favorite deep sky objects. This observatory-ready instrument the largest in its class with over three times the light gathering power of an 8" telescope. With this OTA, you can see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter, resolve details on the surface of Mars, see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and even the distant planets of Uranus and Neptune.
The C14 packs serious light gathering ability into its durable aluminum optical tube. It’s an ideal instrument for serious astrophotography, providing high-contrast views even at very high magnifications. It is equipped with Celestron’s patented StarBright® XLT optical coatings, which visibly increase contrast and light transmission for brighter deep space images and shorter exposure times.
The tube offers a focal ratio of f/11 with the added versatility of Fastar (see below). You can also pair it with the f/6.3 focal reducer for even more astroimaging options.
This flagship OTA can be mounted on a multitude of computerized telescope mounts thanks to its CGEM-style dovetail bar. It’s sure to take your visual observing and imaging to the next level.